Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Last Valentine

The sun with its bright rays signals that a new day has begun,
A fresh start awaits, a new journey beckons.

Isn’t it the same as yesterday or the day before?
But, still we look forward for something new to be in store.

The air seems fresher today; I smell a new fragrance,
The flowers are blooming happily in this breeze; they show it with a nice dance.

Look at them; do they look worried about the uncertainties ahead?
They are looking forward to the new events and adventures instead.

We think ourselves as beings superior to these,
But, the thought of the unknown which lies ahead makes us freeze.

Our journey might have its ups and downs,
But, we’ll sit back to remember all the laughs and not the frowns.

Some things we’ll change, some we’ll let them be,
And of course there will be others where we’ll agree to disagree.

I hope it’s not as dramatic as the epic love stories,
But, together we’ll share a wonderful time you’ll see.

Soon I’ll be there, holding you close,
Till then on skype I can only give you a pose.

So, don’t worry about the future, live in the present,
Let’s get lost in these moments, which are making life so pleasant.

As I write my first to you, I picture your wide smile in my mind,
It won’t be the last, but you are truly my first and for sure my last Valentine.

No comments: