Saturday, April 25, 2009

THE OLD LADY

The gate opened with the same old creak,
The air is filled with the voices of walls that speak

The room is arranged and the way it always was,
Nice, quiet and cozy, her scent fills the empty space

I take my seat where I always did, watching over the bed,
I'm trying to recollect the jokes that made her laugh from toe to head

The innocent look, the fresh old smile,
Her soda glasses and that simple hairstyle

Watching all these I fall off to sleep,
Her lap is comforting as always as I wander in my dreams

The cold air of change wakes me up and I'm back to reality,
I find myself alone in the room, now dark and empty

She has gone away to a place far, far away,
But, here in my heart she always stays

I'm sure she's fighting with the Almighty for a similar place,
Where she'll wait for me with her lap ready to comfort my face

P.S.: Dedicated to Grandma, May her soul rest in peace

No comments: